Australian Risk Services is a registered training organization. RTO ID number 45259.
Staff will be trained in BSBWHS515 – Lead Initial response to and investigate WHS Incidents and RIIWHS301D Conduct safety and health investigation. These units describe the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to plan, conduct and report on investigations of incidents that have resulted in, or have the potential to result in, injury, damage or commercial losses of any kind.
By the end of the course participants will be able to:
- Describe the legal requirements applicable to accident and incident investigation
- Use suitable reporting and investigation forms
- Identify causative factors for accidents and incidents using accident causation models
- Investigate accidents and incidents
- Interview witnesses and take statements
- Prepare a report on an accident or incident
- Describe the requirements for accident and incident reporting
Training is recommended for all employees so they know what to expect if they are injured or witness an incident. They will know that the purpose of the inquiry is purely to prevent another incident from occurring and not to blame someone.
The course also covers how to reduce the risk of expensive litigation and criminal proceedings and establish the importance of correct methods of conducting an inquiry. At the conclusion of the training course delegates will have a good understanding of the basic process and will be able to take the initiative in finding out what went wrong, why, and how to make sure it does not happen again.